Sunday, January 23, 2005

Charming

There is a line in the lyrics of a Death Cab for Cutie song, Sound of Settling, that haunts me. It goes, "I sit and wonder of every love that could've been, if I'd only thought of something charming to say." Every time I hear this song it has a very sobering effect on me.

Think about everytime you meet someone of the opposite sex, and then you never see them again. What if you had said the perfect line, a real zinger that established you as an interesting person -- someone worth being interested in. What if you had been so charming that the person couldn't help but fall in love with you?



1 Comments:

Blogger LXA said...

wow! this is such a profound thought. I heart it.

and the way you described the water in a previous post was amazing. as a swimmer I know exactly how you feel and you expressed it beautifully. aren't swedish goggles great? i love 'em! take care!

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home