Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Jacket Coat

Since viewing an episode of "Just Shoot Me," I've had a liking for the term "jacket coat." Not just jacket -- jacket coat. The absurdity is analogous to referring to the New York Times as the New York Times Paper. I just like it.

Anyways, I've discovered a problem with shopping at "cool" stores with "cool" clothes. Other people are bound to buy and wear them as well. Over the holidays I purchased an amazing jacket coat. It's a maroon track jacket with white lining with a collar that actually stands erect. Simply phenomenal.

Today I wore this jacket coat, and to my dismay, so did half of campus. It seemed that everywhere I went, someone else was wearing MY jacket coat. I felt like I was being stripped of my individuality. With each breath I exhaled I felt a part of Sven evaporate into the air, probably collected into some corporate think tank of jacket coat clones. No longer was I proud of my amazing jacket coat. Instead I was ashamed of my lack of originality, and a friend and I determined that we'd have to shop at second hand discount stores.

I was particularly frustrated by a man in my chemistry class. He must seriously lack in hygiene because I swear the guy wears this jacket coat every single day. And it's obviously not about the cold weather, because the jacket coats aren't particularly warm, and the man wears shorts as part of the ensemble. I feel like he's infringing on my right to wear the jacket coat. I don't know why he can't just pick one day out of the week to wear his jacket coat, and I'll just take Wednesdays.


3 Comments:

Blogger rw bingham said...

sad story.

i keep meaning to give you the new postal service cd. it has "we will become silhouettes" + 2 new mixes of the aforementioned song + a brand new song called "be still my heart." don't let me forget.

3:05 PM

 
Blogger editorgirl said...

You can take some minor comfort in the fact that you are probably the only one on campus who refers to that jacket as a jacket coat.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Emily Burnworth said...

I must say this whole blogging thing is very therapeutic. I can see the benefits of venting about everything from zoobies to jacket coats.

8:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home